12 Minute Yoga Practice
Make everyday a Yoga day.
I like many people I love to do Yoga. However life’s busy schedule doesn’t always allow for a daily 60-90 minute practice.
One morning with time to spare, I preformed a 12 minute asana practice. Not only did I feel fully stretched, I was amazed at how much energy and clarity I had throughout the day.
I also found that my body/spirit always knew the perfect asanas for my day ahead. Whenever I had a big presentation, my body would request power poses. If I needed an open mind for an important decision, I would get a sense to do flexibility asanas. The days when I need to juggle business, home and family, balance poses.
May this 12 Minute Practice become part of your daily ritual and Yoga not something you “do” but who you “are”.
1. Roll out your mat.
2. Set your Cellphone Timer for 12* min. Start it.
3. Set your Interval Timer app/Yoga Time app on 1 min. (I use Clappy). Start it.
4. Go into Child’s Pose, bring awareness to your breath and place the intent of your practice.
5. Ask your body/spirit what asana it desires, listen and ease into the pose.
6. Repeat 11 times asking your body/spirit what asana it needs next.
7. When Cell Timer sounds, gently stop the app and continue in the asana position.
8. When Interval Timer sounds, gently stop the app.
9. If you can, grab a couple minutes of peaceful Savasana.
10. Come to a standing position.
11. Bow to the four corners of the Earth in thankfulness.
12. Roll up your mat and seize the day.
*Add more time if you have it.
301 N 11th Street
Olivia MN 56277
Mon : 630-830pm
Tues : 9am–5pm
Wed : 630-830pm
Thurs : 9am–5pm